Students in grades K-5 build a strong foundation for college preparatory studies under the guidance of passionate teachers who seek to foster a lifelong love of learning.
We offer hands-on, problem-solving opportunities relating to each child’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs. Our core curriculum of language arts, mathematics, social studies and science is paired with classes in Visual Arts, Music, Drama, Physical Education, Spanish and French.
Classrooms and green, outdoor environments are safe, stimulating and nurturing. Many classes grow edible gardens and care for classroom pets. Students also enjoy a wide range of after-school activities.
on character development
- Positive relationships are fostered and built on respect, integrity and trust.
- Each family and culture is honored.
- Every child is appreciated as a unique individual with his or her own place to grow within the school community.
BEYOND THE CLASSROOm
- Grassy, tree-studded play spaces allow learning to extend to and through recess.
- Students explore nature, stretch and challenge themselves physically on climbing structures, and engage in engineering and scientific experiments in our water-ready digging areas.
- Classes take regular field trips to deepen understandings of Science, Social Studies and cultural themes.
- Students reach out to the greater Tucson community and the world with service projects to benefit local and international organizations such as Hoofs and Horns Animal Sanctuary, Tucson Community Food Bank, Ishkashiita, Doctors without Borders, and the Southern Arizona Humane Society.