Join the green fields family
Since 1933, Green Fields School has been providing exceptional college-preparatory education to students. Green Fields is situated on a large, historic campus surrounded by the Sonoran Desert in Northwest Tucson.
Rooted firmly in the tradition of honoring each child as a partner in his or her education, we promote progressive teaching methods that provide a supportive, creative and stimulating environment — where students strive for social and emotional well-being with academic excellence.
Green Fields K-12 School serves 130 students with an engaging and integrated curriculum that includes a strong foundation in core academic disciplines, as well as exceptional fine arts, foreign language, athletics and service learning. After-school sports teams, clubs, edible organic gardens, a chicken coop and vast, shady play spaces are components that enhance the development of our students‘ hearts, minds, bodies and souls.
Green Fields has an overall student-teacher ratio of 8:1. Small class size allows for optimal individual attention, and enables each child to reach his or her full potential. Our instructional philosophy reflects standards developed by the State of Arizona, national teachers' organizations and our own faculty. Our passionate team of educators, paired with our exceptionally beautiful and green campus, makes Green Fields a special place to work.
Positions available for the 2018-19 school year
Middle School Soccer Coach (Seasonal position)
Start Date Mon Oct 29th
End Date Friday Feb 15th
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 3:15- 5:00 and Fridays 2:45- 4:30
The middle school soccer coach will work within the framework of the middle school athletics program to provide leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of student athletes in their sport through coordinating, planning, evaluation, and implementation of programs. All coaches have the responsibility of carrying on their respective sport within the best interest of Green Fields School and its students.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
• Demonstrate a high level of dependability and organization
• Utilize positive interpersonal relations and effective communication skills
• Exhibit effective problem solving skills and judgment
• Maintains inventory of all sporting equipment and supplies
• Communicates expectations to team members and families at the beginning of each season. This communication includes information for practice schedules, and athlete expectations.
• Organizes effective practice plans. This includes the organization of additional coaching staff / volunteers
• Complies with school procedures
• Applies knowledge of sport to develop players at all levels of ability
• Hold athletes to high behavioral and academic expectations
• Sportsmanship displayed by team members during practice.
• Works to increase knowledge of sport and player development
• Performs other duties as assigned Responsibilities In addition, the head coach at the middle school level will collaborate with the athletic director to identify their role and responsibilities with regards to promotion of the sport
• Parent communication/ team letters
• Inventory- uniform and equipment management
• Experience playing and/or coaching soccer
• Exceptional communication skills with students and parents, and the ability to work with people who have a variety of skills, backgrounds, and temperaments. Coordinate rides to away games.
• Must possess a patient, positive and proactive attitude in dealing with students and parents
• Current CPR/First Aid Certification
Seasonal position $1000.00 Stipend
Instructions for Applicants
Please submit a letter of interest and your attached/linked curriculum vitae, (or résumé), by email or fax to the Head of School, Becky Cordier.
Fax: (520) 618-2599