During the high school years, students experience a process of discovery and transformation, gleaned through pursuing individual passions, becoming responsible leaders and unearthing new ways of seeing the world.
Deeply committed faculty members inspire and guide students in an environment of intellectual rigor that stimulates ever-increasing inquiry and critical analysis. The optimal combination of small class size, close relationships with faculty and exciting class offerings — including Honors and AP courses — shapes well-prepared, passionate high school graduates who are 100% ready for college and lifelong learning.
"Green Fields has given me all the tools I need to start off strongly in college. Green Fields did wonders for me as a student, an athlete and also a person. I learned early on how to be part of a community and be a well-rounded individual. Green Fields helped me be prepared in this way but only because I chose to let it."
– Chloe Weeks, '09
Beyond the Classroom:
- 100% of our students are involved in at least one and usually several extra-curricular activities, including Student Council, National Honor Society and National Junior Honor Society, The Flyer (our school newspaper), team sports and school clubs.
- Electives such as Art, Drama and Music culminate in student-planned showcases.
- Each High School homeroom class is responsible for planning and carrying out a themed, community-wide event with guest speakers and activities for their fellow students.
- During senior year, individual students may elect to engage in a yearlong individual learning project called “Senior Masterwork,” in which they explore and expand upon a subject, skill, craft or question of personal interest.
- Students organize several traditional events and activities on campus, including Issue Day devoted to a single important contemporary issue, as well as Career Day.